Thursday, January 24, 2008

More reasons why I don't like Obama, and I'll never vote for him in '08

Bill's ready to dance, Obama backs down?

I loved President Bill Clinton, I still do, and I keep finding reasons why I feel that way. I have the utmost respect and admiration for Hillary after watching her career for so many years and what she's endured. There is nothing that will change y choice for Hillary as president. Other's feel differntly of course, sobeit, may the best man or woman win, and if she doesn't, gawd help our country with the other contenders from either party.

You rock Bill, keep going!

The Barack Obama campaign faced a new predicament today after former President Bill Clinton accepted his challenge to a dance competition.
“I would be willing to engage in a dancing competition with him," said the first white black president at a town hall meeting in Greenville, "even though he’s much thinner and younger than I am, but only if I got an age allowance.”
Obama's handlers were nearly ready to meet with Clinton to discuss the possibility of bonus points when Clinton was spotted practicing at Le Pied Chaud Studio in Charleston.
"My God, the man was on fire," said June Renault, an instructor at the studio. "He said he wanted to learn a few new steps, but truth be told, he already knew more than I did, so I said he should just work with what he has. I mean, I put on 'Funky Cold Medina' and he just mopped the floor with me."
Obama released a statement this afternoon saying that he was far too busy to dance, and besides "it wouldn't be fair to take advantage of an old man."
The Aristocrats

NY Times Article that shows insight to Bill's masterful campaigning, great personality, and ability to deal with some of the unfair ugliness of youthful ignorance and race baiting

GREENVILLE, SC —
Former President Bill Clinton said today that he would take Senator Barack Obama up on his challenge last night to prove himself as the first black president by entering a dance competition — against Mr. Obama.
Mr. Obama was asked at last night’s debate whether Mr. Clinton was “the first black president,” as Toni Morrison, the novelist, has said. Mr. Obama replied that he would first have to see whether Mr. Clinton can dance before calling him a brother. It was a brief moment of levity in a contentious slug-fest of a debate with Senator Hillary Clinton and former Senator John Edwards.
In response to a question at a town hall meeting here today, Mr. Clinton said, “I would be willing to engage in a dancing competition with him, even though he’s much thinner and younger than I am, but only if I got an age allowance.”The audience laughed and applauded. No response from the Obama campaign yet as to whether they want to go toe to toe, literally, with the former president on the dance floor. They have been going head to head lately, but Mr. Clinton today had largely shed his combative persona and appeared more relaxed.
He was asked several other questions here specifically relating to race.
One young man, (whom Mr. Clinton later suggested might have been from the Obama campaign), said to him: “A lot of us believe Senator Obama eventually will be the first black president. Are you going to be OK with having stood in his way? Do you think that will affect your legacy among blacks in South Carolina?”
“No,” Mr. Clinton replied. “Yes and no. Yes, I’m OK, but I’m not standing in his way; I think Hillary would be a better president.” This brought a round of applause as he went on to say that “with the severity of our economic challenges and the severity of our challenges abroad,” the country needs someone who is “ready for the job on the first day.”
He said this reasoning did not amount to standing in Mr. Obama’s way. “No one has a right to be president, including Hillary,” he said. “Keep in mind, in the last two primaries, we ran as an underdog. She was out there as the underdog winning in New Hampshire, where no one thought she could win, and in Nevada, where all the organized forces were against her.”
He said he hoped to have the chance to vote for Senator Obama “some day,” presumably after Mrs. Clinton has served two terms.
Mr. Clinton told the audience, about half of whom were black, “I think it would be just as much a change, and some people think more, to have the first woman president as to have the first African-American president.” The crowd whooped and cheered.
As for his legacy, he said: “My legacy, whatever it is, is done. I did what I did.” By his own measure, which is whether people were better off after he left office than when he started, he said his presidency was a success.
At yet another point, he said he understood the pride that African-Americans felt in Mr. Obama’s candidacy. “We honor your decision,” he said, “but we think you ought to support Hillary.”
He then went on to say it was a sign of progress that a black man and a woman could have such a spirited debate as they had last night. “I know you think it’s crazy, but I kind of like seeing Barack and Hillary fighting,” he said. “They’re real people, flesh and blood people, they have differences, let them have it. That’s America. I’ve been waiting all my life to see this sort of thing.”
He was applauded throughout, and the crowd thronged around him afterward seeking his autograph and pictures.

Obama Unmasked - "and the media's starry eyed infatuation" click to read

I found this comment, just a post on Crooks and Liars blog from a reader, that I thought I'd share-

"SM Says: I love that picture! You show them Big Dawg!

I know that people hate it when commenters divulge their ethnicity, etc.. BUT AS A woman of color, I can say that Bill & Hillary Clinton have done more for minorites than Obama ever had - or ever will do for minorities in his lifetime. Toni Morrison was spot on."


and alas, look what I found on youtube-


hit tracker